Wednesday 7 March 2012

According to Jing: Music Stage - Top 10 best lyrics

For the update, please scroll down!

When it comes to songs, 90% of the time, I will love it if I love the lyrics - even if I don't agree with the music itself. Personally, I find that the lyrics are the foundations of songs (not including Classical, DnB, Dubs, electronica - though they may have brief sections of lyrics - but those are a completely different story).

Therefore, few days ago, I've decided to select my top (and top-of-the-head) 10 most favourite lyrics that I have ever come across. You may agree, you may not - feel free to comment with your most favourite lyrics!
Afterall, I have not heard all of the many, thousands & thousands of songs out there - so it would be great to come across some beautiful songs!

This list is just a summary of the many lyrics I love - out of all the artists I've listened to, I'm pretty sure I love AT LEAST one of their songs - so don't see this list as definitive, but just a few selections! :)


10) "Better Man" - Robbie Williams

"As my soul, heals the shame.
I will grow, through this pain.
Lord I'm doing, all I can - to be a better man."

9) "Blackbird" - The Beatles

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life, you were only waiting,
for this moment to arise."

8) "Like a Boy" - Ciara

"What if I, had a thing on the side, made you cry?
Would the rules change up, or would they still apply?

If I, played you like a toy?
sometimes I wish I could act like a boy."

7) "Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi

"She says, 'we gotta hold on to what we got,
cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's alot for love..
We'll give it a shot.'
(OHHHHHH! <-- uh, mandatory exaggeration, DUH!) We're halfway there,
(ohhhhOH!) livin on a prayer.
Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear..
(ooohhhOH!) livin' on a prayer."

6) "Lose Yourself" - Eminem

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime."


5) "I Don't Want to Be" - Gavin DeGraw

"I don't want to be anything
other than what I've been trying to be lately.
All I have to do, is think of me,
and I have peace of mind.
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms,
wondering what I gotta do - or who I'm supposed to be.
I don't want to be anything, other than me."

4) "Dear God" - Avenged Sevenfold

"Dear God, the only thing I ask of you,
is to hold her when I'm not around -
when I'm much too far away.
We all need, that person who can be true to you
but I left her when I found her -
and now I wished I stayed.
Cuz I'm lonely, and tired,
I'm missing you again, oh no.
Once again."

3) "Scrubs" - TLC

"No, I don't want your number.
No, I don't want to give you mine,
and no, I don't want to meet you nowhere.
No, I don't want none of your time and
No, I don't want no scrub.
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.
Hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride -
trying to holler at me."

2) "Liquor Store Blues" - Bruno Mars

"I'll take one shot for my pain
One drag for my sorrow
Get messed up today
I'll be okay tomorrow."


1) "Mirrors" - Lil Wayne ft. Bruno Mars

"I see my momma smile thats a blessin
I see the change, I see the message
and no message could been any clearer
So I’m stared with the man in the…

Mirror on the wall (MJ taught me that),
here we are again.
Through my rise and fall -
you've been my only friend.
You told me that they can understand the man I am.
So why, are we, talkin' to each other again?"

UPDATE: 15th March 2012

(I still can't believe myself for forgetting this song! - it was and remains to be the best song; lyrics; and video of all time for me - even more so than Mr. Mars' songs, I don't know why) And I'm embedding the video to it, because it is that sensational to me.



I love all the words from the beginning till the end (rarely happens), but I'll highlight that one part that is so important to me:

"I see my vision burn.
I feel my memories fade with time -
but I'm too young to worry.
A melody, a memory - or just one picture.
Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost.."

Till next time! x

No comments:

Post a Comment